When it comes to weight loss, there's no shortage of diet plans. Check any magazine rack, and you're bound to see the latest and greatest diet plans. But how do you know if a diet plan fits your needs and lifestyle? Ask yourself these questions about any diet plan you're considering. Does it:
* Include various foods from the major food groups: fruits, vegetables, grains, low-fat dairy products, lean protein sources, nuts and seeds?
* Include foods you like and that you would enjoy eating for a lifetime — not just for several weeks or months?
* Feature foods you can easily find in your local grocery store?
* Allow you to eat your favorite foods, or better yet, all foods?
* Fit your lifestyle and budget?
* Include proper amounts of nutrients and calories to help you lose weight safely and effectively?
* Encourage regular physical activity?
If you answer no to any of these questions, keep looking. There are better diet plans out there for you.